Appian is looking for a Pardot Administrator to join our Marketing Operations team to help administer, maintain, and innovate upon our marketing automation system, Pardot. This role will be responsible for Pardot administration and crafting a roadmap to implement strategic changes and improvements in the platform – from data hygiene to form handlers, from new automations to lead scoring, and from external integrations to email nurture programs.
This role will work closely with the marketing operations, Salesforce development team, and Business Technology team to ensure our Pardot data, fields, and processes map to and align to our Salesforce system of record and intended business outcomes. This position will be responsible for helping to implement and QA new integrations, as well as creating a catalog and documentation center of excellence for current setup. Ultimately, this role will be put to task to help streamline technical lead flow, create internal process efficiency, maintain data hygiene, eliminate technical debt, optimize a lead’s customer journey, and leverage a data-driven mindset and testing rigor to make continuous improvements through automation.
The ideal candidate has a very logical mindset, and has experience transforming processes and creating efficiency using Pardot (or another marketing automation system) – whether through integrations, form strategy, email nurture pathing, lead scoring, or other automations. This candidate should be analytical and passionate about digital quality, process, and efficiency. High attention-to-detail, ability to work in quick sprints, and team player, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude are a must.
This role will sit within the Marketing Operations team on the Digital Marketing team at Appian, a team of multi-disciplinary marketers with a high commitment to excellence and a shared goal of up-leveling Appian’s digital presence in 2023.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Administration expertise around the marketing automation system (Pardot), including: strategic program design, systems optimization, data hygiene standards, lead flow automations, and internal process documentation
- High standards to maintain the annual roadmap for marketing automation platform based on strategic marketing goals and business objectives
- Mindfulness around setting up, updating, and testing campaign elements such as emails, landing pages, and forms
- Collaboration with marketing to build customer journeys that drive engagement and conversions
- Leadership around all Pardot-related integrated efforts with tools like Salesforce
- To build out and grow Pardot lists, automations, and engagement programs that support demand gen campaigns
- Fluent and professional communication for both technical and non-technical audiences along with comfortability working with business stakeholders to provide solutions and regular updates
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- 5-7+ years of Pardot/marketing development experience as well as other Marketing automation platforms
- Experience with Salesforce, including in-depth understanding of the relationship between SFDC Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Campaigns, and Activities
- Preferred experience or working knowledge of 6Sense, Clearbit, Integrate, Adobe (AEM), Google Analytics, Wrike
- BA/BS degree
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.