Organizational Development Manager, Clinical Operations at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Health team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm for Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
The Organizational Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing motivational interviewing training series including training and coaching, developing the trainer model and collecting and analyzing data specific to motivational interviewing series in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Organizational Development.
- Oversee and create onboarding processes for provider in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Organizational Development
- Manages and trains onboarding supervisors
- Professional development of providers including group and individual coaching
- Utilize recording of calls to review quality and provide individual coaching to providers who are not meeting QA standards of practice
- Determine and share best practices for ensuring retention of members in programs
- Working cross functionally across Calm
- Assisting Director of Clinical Organizational Development to ensure best practices are followed for issue escalation, integrated care, credentialing, and clinical/licensing compliance
Who You Are:
- 2+ years overseeing remote professional development of coaching organizations
- Understanding of adult learning theories
- Highly skilled in motivational interviewing
- Experience in multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience delivering trainings/coaching remotely
- Knowledge of authoring tools including articulate 360, power point and keynote
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Zoom
- Proficiency in data analysis; ability to identify trends through qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in professional development of staff
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.