Operations Specialist at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on compliance issues related to ISC that may include but not limited to procurement, material management or property.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with applicable government officers or customers and across all Ball Aerospace business areas; may serve as an interface to DCMA & DCAA on behalf of the Ball Aerospace Integrated Supply Chain organization.
- Ensure Ball Aerospace is performing consistent with government process and policy expectations as intermittently reviewed and audited by DCMA / DCAA that can be part of CPSR, MMAS, ISO, SARBOX, and other audits.
- Conduct internal audits and reviews of but not limited to material handling, inventory, records, and property management activities on a recurring basis.
- Partner with Ball Aerospace and Ball Corporate internal audit teams to ensure appropriate internal reviews are conducted, tracked, and reported for compliance with both internal and external regulations or flow down clause on Contracts.
- Investigate and resolve compliance problems, questions, or complaints of both internal and external reviews.
- Evoke needed corrective actions for processes and procedures to maintain satisfactory audit results.
- May maintain policies, procedures or other published documents related to aspects of ISC i.e. material management compliance, system certifications. Perform recurring reviews, suggest changes to -and-or- complete updates and monitor release of updates as required to ensure they comply with appropriate statutes and regulations and regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Partner with ISC Operations Training leads or others to assist supply chain professionals and others internal to Ball by providing guidance and related training on compliance areas of interest.
- Maintain metrics of compliance reviews and provide regular reporting to Management.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in Ball documentation, training, and approval authorities.
- May lead a team responsible for performing compliance reviews of purchase orders and subcontracts for compliance with Government, legal and Ball requirements prior to release to a supplier.
- May oversee a team of employees across Ball that are responsible for performing in accordance with government standards, complete regular audits, maintain archival records for compliance with Government, legal and Ball requirements.
- Lead efforts to prepare the Ball ISC- group to be successful during government Audits and other internal and external audits.
- Maintain accurate records of audit requests and responses.
- Assist in development and implementation of tools and processes designed to increase employee awareness, efficiency, and understanding of compliance policies.
- Partner effectively with Ball Contracts organization to develop and maintain flow down cadence as it related to Audit sampling techniques, items of audit and processes to perform audits.
- Interface with a variety of Ball employees at all levels of leadership to assess impacts and applicability of FAR /DFAR changes, Audit guidebooks or applications and knowledge sharing of ongoing site Audits with all customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 4 years or more of auditing experience preferred.
- Experience with Government compliance, Government Contractor regulations, FAR, and DFARS as it relates to a breadth of Logistics or Property operations.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Awareness in aerospace industry and/or government contracting and compliance procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with Ball leaders at the highest levels.
- Strong and proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop high performance work teams.
- Shall have some DoD/NASA Audit experience (i.e., CPSR, MMAS, Property Audits, etc.).
- Shall possess some working knowledge of FAR, DFAR Supplements.
- Must possess effective leadership, teamwork, organizational and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and must be able to work in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Existing or prior relationships with DCMA, DCAA and/or familiarity with the charter of these organizations within the DoD contacting arena preferred.
- Industry recognized certifications in Contracts, Supply Chain, Property, Logistics or Program Management preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.