Operations Specialist at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area)
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Support the operational needs of programs and/or functional departments. Collaborate in the development and implementation of organization policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals. Ensure the efficient and effective management of company resources. Organization and management of resources required for successful program execution. Monitor current resource usage and project future resource requirements, securing the necessary resources as required. Resources that are managed may include facilities, manpower, capital equipment, property, supplies, computers, and overhead budgets.
What You'll Do:
- Work with IO Engineers to determine floor layouts, equipment needs and resource needs for programs within the Manufacturing Value Stream for production, development programs with production plans, and transitioning programs.
- Establish and communicate operational objectives, Business Level performance metrics, lean manufacturing goals and objectives, and long-term facilities and equipment plans.
- Coordinate with IO on the execution of Authorization for Expenditure requests to ensure they are properly implemented to meet program requirements.
- Support program and department needs for resources in a timely manner.
- Assist Ball Aerospace Property in managing and tracking customer assets for programs which are resident at Ball Aerospace facilities.
- Review, analyze, and prepare reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Weekly updates to PPSRs and quarterly reforecasts of PPSRs.
- Daily stand ups to drive execution on the production floor to ensure Techs are working on the right thing at the right time.
- Daily monitoring of floor execution metrics to ensure proper execution of work.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years or more related experience
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing, materials or operations experience in a business environment.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $91,500 - $124,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.