Operations Manager at MedStar Health (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:27 p.m. (CST) on Friday, March 25, 2022
- Job Summary
- Assists in the administration of a laboratory section. Coordinates sectional administrative, fiscal, and technical activities. Implements clinical protocols, standards of patient care, and quality assurance programs. Consults with Medical Director or designee on medical and technical issues, and Administrative Director of clinical laboratory for administrative issues.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and related laboratory experience.
- 3 years clinical laboratory experience; 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in selecting, training, orienting, and assigning department staff. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and conducts performance management planning. Initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions. Maintains ongoing communication with office staff to review programs, provide feedback, discuss new developments, and exchange information.
- Assists in the development of department goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Communicates with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to sectional services.
- Coordinates programs (e.g., Safety, Performance Improvement, Waived Testing, etc.).
- Directs documentation; implements record system; and maintains sectional records, reports, statistics, logs, and files.
- Manages procurement activities including vendor selection, purchasing, receiving, storage, utilization of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- May supervise and coordinate technical functions and activities in one or more sections of clinical laboratories.
- Participates in performance improvement teams. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required.
- Performs clinical testing on patients/specimens as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units; may participate in research activities; investigates new products, equipment, methodologies and introduces, demonstrates, and recommends as appropriate.
- Recommends sectional operating budget and ensures that each section operates within budget.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 85 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description