Operations Manager at Varsity Tutors (Remote)
Varsity Tutors/Live Learning Technologies Shared Resources LLC (St Louis, MO)
Job Description: Transform business operations by driving growth in user acquisition through diversified marketing channels, analyzing and optimizing sales conversion funnel, maintaining supply and demand equilibrium, improving overall customer experience and satisfaction, and increasing lifetime customer value. Support marketing lead gen projects, sales data gathering and analysis, and help solve complex operational challenges that will impact the ongoing growth and expansion of the company in domestic and international markets. Transform concepts and tasks into well-documented and effective business metrics and insights. Develop project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs. Construct models for measuring and forecasting customer retention/churn. Communicate across multiple business stakeholders and facilitate campaign prioritization and resource allocation. Manage special projects related to key business initiatives with a goal to drive short and long term value while incurring minimal technical debt. Prepare and present page performance results and project plans to executive leadership. Build and analyze dashboards and reports to generate operational insights and strategies. Create a metrics driven culture that generates individual and team accountability. Develop, instrument, and report measures of operational performance KPIs and drive the organization to meet and exceed strategic value targets. Achieve organizational objectives through coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manage systems and procedures to protect departmental assets. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with department goals and objectives.
The position will be 100% remote while reporting to the St. Louis, Missouri office.
- Requires a Master’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field.
- Requires 3 years of related experience, which must include some experience or knowledge in each of the following skills:
- Developing bookings forecasts using statistical data analysis by studying current business performance, seasonal business trend, and environmental factors as well as monitoring performance against those forecasts
- Using linear regression-based models to estimate volume of work and create workforce forecasts for the Sales teams
- Utilizing Looker as a BI tool to track past performance and headcount forecasting;
- Applying statistical analysis to that data through the use of R and data analytical tools in Excel; Compiling and analyzing data to identify new opportunities to improve efficiency and creating financial models to present cost-benefit analysis;
- Project management experience working with cross-functional teams to drive projects from inception to completion, secure resources, manage project schedule and establish metrics to measure project success;
- Writing optimized SQL queries to retrieve data and analyze in Excel;
- Ensuring compliance of standard operating procedures and providing data to managers to measure individual performance.