Operations Manager at MedStar Health (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:46 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, July 9, 2022
- Job Summary
- MedStar Health Urgent Care is committed to providing world-class, compassionate care to every patient, every time, at every touch point. All associates are accountable for their role in meeting patient experience standards. Responsible for day-to-day operations planning, evaluation, budget adherence, and monitoring of multiple clinics under the MAS umbrella. Patient volume annually under 12,000.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years management experience in a health care setting.
- CPR Required
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication, problem solving and independent judgment skills required. Ability to work independently and part of a team. Advanced computer skills and supervisor experience required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to regulatory guidelines in patient care, administration, human resources and billing. This includes strict oversight and audit related to compliance in the areas of laboratory (COLA/CLIA), radiology, dispensing, pharmaceuticals, and medications. Oversees regulations associated with the Department of Health, HIPAA, OSHA, EEOC, FMLA and all other state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Director of Operations and VP of Operations in developing a community relations plan for facilities within MedStar Ambulatory Services. Supports and participates in events that integrate the facility(ies) within the community.
- Assures the completion of all activities associated with payroll management. Determines cost-effective staffing, equipment and supply alternatives. Attains targeted metrics in the area of associate satisfaction, financial outcomes, quality and customer satisfaction and growth.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with MedStar mission, vision, goals and objectives and patient care philosophy. Provide a consistent level of services in the MedStar Way across the clinic.
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established Department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Ensures patients and guests have a superior experience. Serves as a liaison between patients and staff. Resolves problems, conflicts, concerns, and complaints to attain maximum patient satisfaction.
- Establishes and communicates the site staffing schedule with adequate advance notice for employees. Consistently modifies staffing levels to assure that the site is patient responsive but fiscally responsible. Adjusts staffing in accordance with fluctuating volume.
- Monitors and addresses facility, patient, physician and employee needs. Fosters an outstanding work relationship with on-site leaders from various service lines. Facilitates monthly leadership meetings, periodic staff meetings and bi-annual Town Halls. Rounds to all sites on a consistent basis.
- Monitors the referral processes and identifies opportunities for improvement. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs public relations function in the community and in MedStar Facilities, identifies and pursues new areas of business opportunity, facilitates collaborative internal partnerships to ensure maximum internal referrals.
- Plans and coordinates for the provision of primary and specialty services in partnership with administrators at MedStar partner entities.
- Recommends and maintains policies and procedures in partnership with stakeholders and clinical leadership. Selects, trains, orients and assigns facility staff or designates responsible person. Assists with the development of performance standards, evaluates performance and conducts performance management planning. Initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions. Assists in identifying methods to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Supports Director of Operations, AVP of MAS, and VP of MAS in establishing annual goals for the facility or functional area. Integrates processes and systems with multiple, internal and external administrators. Monitors and presents progress monthly.
- Supports the use of technology in clinical setting to improve patient care, safety, efficiency and communication. Responsible for competence related to all required Information Systems necessary for efficient day to day operations.
- Works with Administrators of MedStar partners or entities to maintain optimum patient service. Prepares and presents reports and statistical analysis as needed.
- Works with Director of Operations, AVP of MAS, VP of MAS, and Facility Medical Director to ensure adherence to budget/financial plan. Targets needs of the facility including medical supplies and human resource needs.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance and Mental health benefits. To see all 21 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description