Operations Manager - San Diego at Spin (San Diego, CA)
Spin is a micromobilty company that operates fleets of rental electric bikes and electric scooters in cities and campuses across the United States and Canada. Spin launched the first-ever stationless bike share program in the United States and was instrumental in crafting the world’s first mobility permitting system that is now used around the world. Spin is known for its city- and campus-friendly approach to micromobility, and was the first operator to deploy a number of technology innovations to improve rider compliance, such as sidewalk riding detection technology. Spin consists of a diverse team of experienced professionals from the public sector, private sectors, and the transportation advocacy world, all of whom are committed to fulfilling the company’s mission - to help create a world full of 15-minute cities.
For more information visit https://www.spin.app
About the Role
Operations Manager is a key role for Spin. As the leader of Spin in each city, you are responsible for developing the market from top to bottom - operations, marketing, rider experience, local partnerships and government relations. Great leadership and problem solving ability is crucial - you’ll be leading a local team and ensuring operational excellence in your market.Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the market P&L - focus on growing ridership and revenue
- Lead build-out, deployment, ongoing maintenance, and efficiency of Spin vehicles
- Scale and develop a local operations team
- Grow ridership through effective local marketing strategies, user growth campaigns, and key business partnerships
- Handle local politics and regulatory concerns and build partnerships
- Share your best practices to help scale our other cities
- 2 - 4+ years of operations management, consulting, or related tech background
- Bachelor's degree at a 4-year university - degree in Business, Mathematics or Economics preferred
- Strong experience in leading teams and management
- Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: an ability to empower your team, and work effectively with local governments and businesses
- An entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with rolling up yours sleeves.
- SQL proficiency preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Expectation is to work the majority of the time in a Spin Operating Facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to SPIN facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
- WeWork Pass (eligible remote salaried FTE)
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]