Operations Manager, Professional Services (Remote) at Databricks
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Databricks is looking for a motivated Operations Manager to join our Global Operations team. As an Operations Manager for Professional Services (PS), you will collaborate with the delivery team, managing internal processes and providing full operational support to our Services Leadership Team focusing on revenue-driving activities across billable projects.
You will report to the Director of Services Operations and will be involved in most steps of the professional services delivery lifecycle. We ask that you have a business mindset, as you will develop repeatable and scalable processes. You will bring collaboration across our Services, Operations, Technical and Finance teams in establishing operational guidelines, resource assignments, and revenue recognition.
The impact you will have:
- Partner with the PS team and the broader services organization to ensure successful project delivery
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide end-user support onboarding new delivery team members in using the Professional Services Automation software and related systems
- Review new PS engagements and create projects with accurate schedule, resource allocation, and revenue information
- Create dashboards and reports to provide insights to project health, resource utilization, and financial forecasts
- Coordinate and support partner contractual processes, work order approvals and tracking partner delivery activities
- Oversee the monthly closing of PS revenue, expense, billing including reconciliation, and coordination with the Finance team
What we look for:
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on PS operations experience supporting the professional services team
- Working knowledge of PS or consulting business model, processes and tracking key metrics
- Experience in using business systems such as CRM, PS Automation, Order Management and Accounting. Deep knowledge in Salesforce CRM and FinancialForce PSA is a plus.
- Experience building reports and conducting data analysis using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Excel and other BI tools.
- Hands-on experience coordinating projects and working with cross-functional leaders across the business to identify areas of improvement, propose and implement solutions
- Experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a federal government contractor, Databricks requires new U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Databricks will make reasonable accommodations based on medical conditions or religious grounds for qualified candidates in accordance with applicable law.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.