At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Driver Service operation is a key contributor to driver growth. From onboarding to resolving app issues, service at the Hub is a resource for Lyft drivers everywhere. We deliver the best customer experience by reducing the effort required to resolve the driver’s issue, getting them back on the road, and maximizing their lifetime value to Lyft.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Operations Lead who knows how to motivate and lead a team and wants to make a big impact at a fast-growing company. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will lead a team in Portland by influencing, listening and aligning the team around a common goal. You will also design and implement lean initiatives to improve the Driver Service experience through operational excellence. Lastly, you will periodically support the fleet management team to ensure a seamless and customer-oriented experience for our FlexDrive renters.Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach, and manage a team of hourly associates responsible for frontline customer service
- Set clear expectations and hold people accountable for poor performance or behaviors that can hurt the team
- As customer demand (and team attendance) requires, be prepared to jump into the various roles required to provide operational continuity (e.g. greeting, case management, escalations)
- Serve as the local site lead for our Portland HUB, managing everything from daily facilities to security and safety to building management
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for other local leaders, providing insights and recommendations on how to drive performance and growth
- Analyze operational data and provide impactful operational recommendations.
- Monitor root causes of market performance and identify connections, patterns or trends in the business
- Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, government relations, marketing, analytics, and product / engineering to develop and implement local initiatives.
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done, no one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you
- 2+ years experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate the capacity to stay calm in stressful or emergent situations and help team members feel more at ease
- Understands business priorities and how to dedicate team resources towards them (e.g. pushing back when necessary/advocate of team)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills: Collaborates effectively with employees and internal and external partners of all levels
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills: Strong track record of setting goals, creating a plan, and getting results
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel and SQL, and have experience building forecast models and analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions
- You love people: Motivation, engagement, and development come naturally. You can identify what makes your team members tick and gain energy from coaching them to achieve a common goal
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.