Operations Director, Technology (remote) at Ad Hoc (Baltimore, MD)
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Assumes day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks in support of the VP, Technology
- Serves as a strategic partner and provides direct support and assistance to the VP, Technology
- Monitors information and work flow to strategically ensure VP, Technology involvement in projects or decision-making processes
- Organizes and supports weekly and monthly staff and team meetings
- Works cross-functionally to align teams, steer projects and accomplish objectives
- Prepares and analyzes budgets and financial reporting
- Reviews department and team progress, aggregates reports, and briefs VP, Technology, Senior Leadership, and Executives
- Represents the Technology team in corporate level working groups
- Brings together multiple stakeholders and helps drive decisions
- Works collaboratively to lead others towards meeting the organization's mission and goals while promoting an inclusive and positive work
- Creates and maintains cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership and organizational success
- Ensures that all systems operate smoothly and, in coordination with QA Manager, align with ISO and CMMI quality standards
- Maximizing operating potential of the Technology team to exceed customers’ expectations and company goals
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum 5-10 years of overall work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates experience managing multiple priorities
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Demonstrates experience exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance (i.e. analyzing budgets, drafting and editing policies and procedures, convening forums to relay communications and receive input from management, briefing senior personnel, etc.)
- Leads strategic change related to organizational goals, both internally and externally
- Driven by results, both in terms of meeting organizational goals and customer expectations
- Business acumen related to human, financial, and information resource management
- Coalition building skills, including the ability to develop networks and alliances within the organization
- Political savvy and awareness of and ability to respond to operating environment
- Ability to build consensus and negotiate strategically to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform data analysis, data organization, and data transformation in tools like Excel or Google Sheets.
- Experience working within a technology company and an understanding of how technology teams operate is highly desired
- Experience with federal contracting and contract management is advantageous but not required
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $144,854 - $192,564 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.