Operations Consultant at CNA
This role will drive Long Term Care's innovation and wellness programs. This includes managing existing programs and using data analytics to measure program impacts. Working internally and externally to identify emerging opportunities and create business cases for future investment. Once new programs are identified, this role will be responsible for design and implementation of the wellness program through collaboration across LTC and vendors.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and comfortable working without a defined roadmap. Strong analytical skills and data analysis capabilities are a must. This role will have significant exposure to the LTC leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Analyzes operations and other activities; prepares and presents reports to management; including recommendations on policies and procedures, and operational improvements or corrective action plans.
- Project manages implementation of new programs and initiatives including all planning, pre-work and collaboration with other business areas.
- Performs follow-up activities including monitoring the program/initiative success, managing post implementation communications, and change as necessary.
- In support of management, coaches and mentors staff at all levels in programs and practices.
- Supports management as an agent of change, building collaboration and commitment using innovative ideas and business acumen.
- Shares knowledge and collaborates across functional or geographic areas to share and incorporate learnings to improve business results and to ensure consistency, process, and outcomes.
- Continuously learns more and stays up to date in functional area of expertise and industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
- May be responsible for special projects and presentations.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced technical and operations expertise as well as solid knowledge of the insurance industry, and the organization's practices and procedures.
2. Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and management
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to coach and mentor staff at all levels.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems with the ability to effectively manage ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
7. Ability to travel.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designation preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of eight years' experience.