Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team and Role:
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Homebase unit with Opendoor aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. Homebase is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title.
As a Homebase Operations Associate with the Homebase team, you will work with a highly experienced team, focused on continually improving and scaling the Homebase platforms through developing our MLS acquisition product for our institutional single-family-home investment partners to use to acquire homes. You’ll have the opportunity to play a material role in the development of the team, technology and processes as we scale, and you’ll get first hand exposure to top-tier institutional real estate buyers. In turn -- we’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats, and aren’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves to help us quickly scale.
In This Role You Will:
- Work closely with the product lead, the GMs of Homebase, Homebase Product team, and Homebase leadership to develop, pilot, improve and scale the MLS acquisition product to be leveraged by our clients
- Develop a deep competency in the transactional operations of our business. Primarily to understand the processes in order to pilot new initiatives, enhance tooling and improve the product
- Organize and lead cross functional teams to support daily operations and scaling of new products (Product, Engineering, Sales & Support, Title and Escrow, External Partners, etc)
- Be directly responsible and/or direct efforts contributing to operational scaling projects
- Write/conduct analyses in Excel and SQL; team dashboards, financial analyses/models, toolsets, etc. in order to prioritize feedback and make strategic decisions about product scaling
- Pitch in however you can when needed. We’re a lean team and there will be “all hands on deck” moments.
We are Looking For Teammates Who Have:
- 3-5 years years professional experience in Business Operations, Business Consulting, product operations, product management, sales operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to success
- Strong technical skills; Excel required; SQL and programming skills (Python) a definite plus
- You have an interest in real estate; residential real estate experience is a plus
- Very process-driven with extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
- OK with occasional weekend work
- Above all else you are bright, kind and goal-oriented
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description