Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 3 million autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 3 million miles, crossed over 17 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to the society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is an exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
Starship Technologies is looking for an Area Lead to manage our robot delivery operations in our Southern region from Texas to Florida. You will oversee multiple Universities where our delivery service is operating on campus, acting as the point person for your area to coordinate with multiple internal teams and external partners.
This role calls for an adaptable, motivated individual comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Starship is offering a unique, complex service on campus and this role will be a prominent force behind its success, focused on team management, staffing efficiency, and process improvement. We are looking for a candidate who is an effective communicator, comfortable leading a distributed team, and able to work independently without a direct manager onsite.
In the role of Operations Area Lead you will:
- Manage multiple operational sites, guiding and developing our markets while ensuring operational consistency across your region
- Develop strategies and systems to be able to manage multiple cities.
- Drive high performance culture. High Expectations = High Results
- Develop - Build our teams by ensuring we are hiring, training, and scheduling coverage for an uninterrupted service
- Collaborate - Engage with other departments to identify inefficiencies and find creative solutions to improve our delivery performance
- Operate - Roll up the sleeves and teach site leads and team members build strong, cooperative relationships with our partners and execute at a high level
- Liaise - Work with our merchant partners to onboard new locations and fix the pain points between their operations and our own
- Improve - Continuously keep an eye out for how our service can better serve our customers and the community as a whole
- Develop operational budgets for their assigned sites.
- Office management- Taking care for office management and facilities including budgeting for the assigned sites.
- You’re able to travel as part of your regular duties to assist as we expand launching new Cities. You’re flexible in traveling to new locations and adjusting according to business needs.
To be successful you will require a broad range of skills and experience, including:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in operations or people management, ideally in a retail or restaurant environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Passion for doing new and challenging things
- Ability to manage a high number of tasks concurrently
- Thrive on taking the initiative and unafraid to learn on the go
- Comfort working independently in a distributed workplace without a direct manager onsite
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- BS or BA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant operations or people management
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. Starship Technologies “Starship” has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our US employees, and those traveling to the US for Starship related work purposes, from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Starship.
Ready to join our Starship fleet? Apply today!
Check out our website to find out more about us:
More Information on Starship Technologies
Starship Technologies operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Flagstaff, AZ, Tempe, AZ, Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Modesto, CA, Mountain View , CA, Statesboro, GA, West Lafayette, IN, Bridgewater, MA, University, MS, Bowling Green, OH, Corvallis, OR, Houston, TX, Richardson, TX, Fairfax, VA, Harrisonburg, VA and Madison, WI. Starship Technologies was founded in 2014. It has 393 total employees. To see all 22 open jobs at Starship Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description