Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Operations and Engineering Global Process Owner sets global data and process standards and tools for all Operations and Engineering functional processes against leading practices and ensures their implementation towards overall system management excellence. This includes those processes associated with Operations, Quality, Best Practices, and Engineering. Supports the operating businesses in delivering the right product, in the right quantity and the right time, in the most efficient and effective way. The Operations and Engineering GPO drives improvements to raise the performance of the company’s operational and engineering processes by utilizing lean process management, continuous improvement and KPI-based performance management.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Develops and leads a strategy for the global operations and engineering processes and policies in partnership with the regional functions, with a goal of streamlining and automating (where appropriate) processes tied to production, quality, best practices, and engineering
- Partnering with IT, defines roadmap for implementation of process and technology (IT/OT) in support of improving the manufacturing process and “Big 6” KPIs
- Partners with IT to define engineering process and application ecosystem andd efines process and data requirements for core engineering business processes and supporting applications (i.e. TeamCenter).
- Leads the global operational uniformity for metric and KPI reporting instituting standard dashboard outputs amongst regions tied to production, efficiency, spoilage, and costs
- Engages in the development of standard quality practices and provides insight and strategy for IT tools to deliver
- Designs and implements global processes for energy monitoring, in support of sustainability goals and cost controls. Ensures a common approach to maintenance amongst regions including preventative and predictive with regard to IT technology and compatibility to operational architecture
- Delivers a clear set of both short term and mid- & long-term business priorities to inform the supporting IT technology roadmap, and consistent implementation
- Stays up-to-date of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace to inform strategic direction and process enhancement.
- Works with IT to implement next gen technologies (i.e. IOT, AI, ML, Digital Twin) to support process goals.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience.
- 6+ years of experience in executing and leading manufacturing and engineering transformation activities as part of a multinational, business operation required.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Strong experience in Operations and Engineering processes and demonstrated experience managing performance through service level agreements and key performance indicators required.
- Demonstrated experience in process re-engineering, program management and technology implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize varied viewpoints to identify an optimal solution and develop a coherent plan or vision.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels of the organization on a global basis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large global cross-functional projects and act as a change agent.
- Experience in process architecture, process change, and change management ideally gained in other organizations which have executed transformation initiatives.
- Knowledge of, and experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining processes organization wide.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $113,500 - $176,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 14
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans