Open Access Portfolio Manager at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
Come and join our Open Research team and be part of delivering our ambitious OA growth plan.
We have an exciting role available for an ambitious STM Open Access Portfolio Manager who has a passion to help drive our open access (OA) growth and transformation.
This role is based in the OA team, but will see you working closely with Editorial colleagues on developing our OA journals and identifying opportunities for growth, including conversions, acquisitions and launches. This role in our friendly OA publishing team offers a fantastic opportunity for someone with a track-record of successfully developing a list of OA academic journals to take the next step in their career. Contributing towards the wider Taylor & Francis Open Research programme, this role will see you work collaboratively with colleagues across our Researcher Services and Commercial teams at Taylor & Francis.
The role would suit someone who is flexible and confident, able to think innovatively about publishing, demonstrate commercial astuteness, and has an ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsibility for shaping and delivering the OA budget for your portfolio, as agreed with subject publishing team and senior management
- With colleagues in editorial and marketing, creating and agreeing annual journal plans to deliver the OA strategy and growth for your portfolio
- As the OA expert for your subject, ensure your portfolio contains the correct publishing venues for all OA research by working on conversions, acquisitions and launches with the subject team
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the market and competitors, including changes in policies, agreeing actions with the publishing team to take advantage of opportunities
- Support journal acquisitions and contract renewals, through providing bibliometric analysis, market insights, financial planning support and contributing to the wider editorial strategy
- Managing and developing stakeholder relationships, both internal and external
- Acting as ambassador for the Open Access Team at Taylor & Francis at all times
Closing date for applications: Friday 03rd June, 2022Qualifications
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of successfully managing and developing a list of OA academic journals – experience in launching and converting journals is also desirable
- Relevant subject and market knowledge, understanding of academic communities and their OA preferences
- A good understanding of the drivers for successful OA publishing
- Ability to negotiate and influence others, including senior stakeholders
- A strategic mindset and approach to your work, including the ability to make decisions that deliver the best commercial solutions
- The ability to prioritize and manage your own workload and to work under pressure
- Creativity, innovation and initiative
- Teamwork, networking and relationship-building skills
- The ability to read and interpret appropriate financial data, and financial modelling
What We Offer In Return:
- Competitive salary package
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Paid leave for life events such as moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to live and work in the United States
Closing date for applications: Friday 03rd June, 2022
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers