OH Coord Shared Services at MedStar Health
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:25 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 19, 2022
- Job Summary
- Provides Shared Services support for Occupational Health with a focus on leave and vendor management and budgeting. Partners with OH, HR, Benefits and TPA to assure processes and protocols are effective in minimizing lost time. Produces necessary OH reports and assist in administrative coordination for all OH sites.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- 3 years experience in administrative and/or Occupational Health environment. Familiarity with FMLA, ADA, and other leaves. Vendor management preferred.
- No special certification, registration or license required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of ADA, FMLA, workers' compensation and disability management. Strong working knowledge of various computer software applications. Good interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills at all levels. Good organizational skills.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in development and on-going training of MedStar managers and department heads on FMLA and other leaves. Maintains current knowledge of issues and changes in regulations.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of budgets for OH cost centers. Analyzes, reconciles, verifies and monitors incoming financial reports. Develops and maintains department reports for tracking.
- Assists with management of relationship with TPA for MedStar leave administration. Liaises between OH, TPA, and MS managers to ensure appropriate provision of services and processes. Evaluates processes and communication standards and suggests/develops process improvements when necessary.
- Checks accuracy and processes bills for medical treatment for Workers' Comp services provided to contracted vendors and interdepartmental billing of services utilized by OH clinic.
- Collaborates with OH AVP and site Leaders to identify, evaluate and implement plans to improve TPA processes of associates leave, return to work, and accommodation within MedStar Occupational Health.
- Collaborates with the SS Manager and OH AVP to develop goals and support current OH vendors including TPA for MedStar leave administration. Liaise with OH, Vendors, and MS leaders to ensure contracts and processes are appropriately managed. Evaluates processes and communication standards and develop process improvements when necessary. Evaluates contracts and OH service needs and works with vendors to control costs and improve services.
- Collaborates with TPA and RN Case Managers to develop a system of early identification of problem cases and implements process of early intervention and assessment on complex cases. Develops process for utilization of Temporary Modified Duty program.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Develops and generates standard and ad hoc reports for leave tracking, lost time, and other necessary leave data. Prepares and participates in MedStar and TPA leave management and workforce optimization meetings.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreachefforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the occupational health (OHM) compliance information system and generation of reports for health surveillance, leave of absence summary and work-related injury data and OSHA 200 log, and other OH reports as required.
- Works with OH RN Case Managers and department managers to provide transitional duty with set goals and objectives for disabled associates and in maintaining compliance with ADA, OSHA, and other governmental regulations.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 85 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description