Office Manager at Octane (Dallas, TX)
Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
The $21B Powersports market (motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, jet-skis, snowmobiles) is all about fast and fun, but the purchasing process is slow and frustrating. Octane enables consumers to live their passion by making powersports purchases instant, seamless, and ubiquitous. Our automated underwriting and digital buying experience cut the time to close a transaction from hours to minutes. Octane's credit product expands coverage to responsible consumers who are typically underserved by banks. The market is choosing the Octane solution, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 3X year-over-year and a quarter of all powersports merchants active on our platform. We are both a platform and a lender, which means we have both high growth and positive unit economics—rare for a fintech. We have raised >$100M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners.
We are searching for a warm and welcoming individual to be the first face for our visitors. You will be the support link internally and externally, and be part of a team of problem solvers who work together to achieve operational excellence.
Specifically you will:
- Support company operations by maintaining office systems and ensuring the office is running smoothly on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the front desk while creating a best-in-class experience for visitors, employees, and everyone in-between, greeting and checking-in all guests in a warm and welcoming manner
- Partnering with the people team to update, design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Manages the supply, replenishing and ordering of kitchen snacks and office essentials.
- Maintain calendars and books events and meetings.
- Collecting, sorting and distributing mail.
- Ensure that the office is prepared for various company events, including ensuring that the office and all conference rooms are kept clean, tidy, and organized.
- Think creatively, critically, and often about ways to improve the employee experience and office operations.
- 2-5 years of professional experience, preferably in an administrative/office management role
- Minimum HS diploma or equivalent
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong understanding of collaboration tools like Google Drive, Slack, etc.
- Infectiously positive attitude with a customer-service mentality and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to multi-task with outstanding organizational and planning skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and possess a willingness to take on and learn new things with a can-do attitude with the ability to stay cool under pressure while managing multiple priorities
- Capable of lifting up to 40 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid Holidays and Vacation: 20 days PTO plus paid company holidays
- Retirement Plan (401K with non-elective company contribution AND match)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
- Getting in on the ground floor, opportunity for professional growth, career progression
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.