Office Manager at Flyhomes
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are currently seeking an energetic and resourceful Office Manager who can anticipate needs and proactively solve problems to join our fast-paced startup environment. This position will be on-site, full time in our Seattle, WA Flyhomes office.
The Office Manager will create and manage programs and systems that strengthen Flyhomes people, processes and office spaces. This role will deliver excellent customer service while coordinating and managing the day to day operations of our Headquarter office in Seattle as well as our co-working spaces across the United States. The successful candidate will play a key role in our expansion planning. This position will provide a broad range of support for a variety of internal and external stakeholders, all with the goal of fostering an inclusive, productive and engaging work environment.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and develop internal protocols and procedures; manage allocated budget
- Responsible for ordering and managing inventory of office supplies, company swag, catering and other related programs
- Support onboarding/offboarding of employees in partnership with People team
- Serve as a first point of contact for welcoming visitors and employees at Headquarters
Office Environment / Operations
- Facilitate workspace needs, including floor plan, furniture and equipment. Serve as a liaison with building management to address general facilities needs and troubleshoot maintenance issues
- Point of contact for WeWork leases and negotiation of contracts across the organization
- Maintain general office appearance and operations, keeping shared spaces presentable, functional and clean.
- Oversight of day to day workplace services and vendor management
- Focus on safety and security for employees and clients; issue and track office access keys
- Receive and ship packages, sort mail daily and distribute as necessary
- Maintain, create and update COVID-19 protocols, policies and tracking as needed
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately for scale
Culture and Events
- Plan and execute company internal social events, including townhalls, happy hours, annual party, marketing and community engagement activities onsite & offsite
- Research, benchmark, and propose office offerings that help support employee wellbeing initiatives to create a healthy and collaborative space
What You’ll Bring
- Three or more years’ experience in office management and/or facilities
- Proficiency with G Suite, MS Office Suite, Ticketing systems and comfortable with learning new software
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communicator and highly collaborative
- Creative and enjoys hosting and planning events
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, startup experience strongly preferred
- Must be friendly and approachable
- Ability to commute daily to downtown Seattle office
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight clients and offer solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Critical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You utilize active listening skills and ensure that colleagues feel heard.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your internal clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!