Office Administrator at Civis Analytics
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.What we are looking for
As Office Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to own core functions of our office operations. We are looking for an experienced, professional, organized person who can prioritize, research, and solve problems on their own. Ideally, you’ve done this job or a similar one before. You are a proactive, highly motivated person who cares for others’ well-being, loves organizing events (virtual and in-person), and encourages an enjoyable working environment. You continually look for new ways to make processes more efficient. When you have down time, you want to learn new things and help out other members of the team on projects. This is not a remote position.
You will also take on multiple projects that support our overall company morale. We're a very diverse team with employees located across the United States. You will be the main point of contact for employees and vendors concerning administrative matters, and for general operations.
- Oversee daily operations at our Chicago headquarters and satellite offices
- Prepare our offices for a return of employees
- Order office supplies and manage vendor relationships, including food & beverage, swag, janitorial, and property management
- Manage the reception area to maintain professional environment
- Welcome, greet, and register all guests
- Answer, screen, and direct calls to the office and emails to our internal help desk
- Maintain conference room calendars
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail and packages
- Supervise the maintenance and housekeeping of office facilities such as the kitchen area, storage rooms, and conference rooms
- Own the planning and execution of internal events (e.g., parties, happy hours), including contract negotiations, budgeting, and scheduling required vendors, equipment, and supplies
- Manage travel requests and expense reports, and provide purchasing support
- Participate as needed in special projects
- Attendance and dependability
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience
- Problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Exceptional organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for operational efficiency, process optimization, and automation
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW