Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a collaborative clinical individual to support occupational health programs and initiatives at Cityblock. The optimal candidate is highly organized, learns quickly in a fast-paced environment, takes initiative, communicates exceptionally well, and works collaboratively with all team members.
If you like solving problems, have deep experience gathering information, analyzing data, synthesizing findings and communicating with audiences in healthcare settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing team member, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Support employees who report work related injury or illness and assist employees to file work compensation claims if deemed warranted.
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs for work injury and illnesses.
- Follow worker compensation cases to closure and employees are back to work in full capacity.
- Clinical triage of employees impacted by COVID and provide guidance for next steps.
- Track and enforce compliance of employee medical clearance requirements.
- Evaluate medical questionnaires for respiratory wear, and conduct N95 mask fit test training.
- Lead Influenza vaccination campaign.
- Create Pivot tables using Google spreadsheets, process maps using Lucidchart, formulate Google documents and spreadsheets.
- Support, maintain, and organize all work plans for the Cityblock occupational health program for all of our employees.
- Draft occupational health related policies and procedures.
- Develop training on occupational health related topics.
- Engage with stakeholders to proactively communicate with all relevant parties, and ensure time sensitive delivery.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain regular communications to key leadership teams to keep apprised of performance indicators.
- Develop streamlining of processes for vaccinations, medical clearance, and other initiative; triage and track employees with associated responses appropriately
- Manage day-to-day tasks related to the vaccine mandate (Covid and any vaccine), eg. electronic tracking for vaccination status of all employee, tracking of weekly testing for employees with accommodations, and associated documentation
- Draft, manage and coordinate communications messages to designated audiences as needed.
- Conduct COVID-19 contact tracing.
- Create, design, and deliver presentations.
- Manage occupational health projects ad hoc.
Requirements for the Role:
- A registered nurse with a minimum of two years clinical work experience (not as a student) in a healthcare setting or health related field.
- Excellent computer skills including creating Pivot tables, Lucidchart, formulating Google documents and spreadsheets.
- Strong work ethic with a passion to learn, grow, and thrive.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment within time constraints
- Ability to effectively multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines with attention to details.
- Ability to work well independently within a team environment and collaborative approach.
- Ability to accept coaching and direction.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to develop time saving tools such as templates.
- Ability to be adaptable, deal with ambiguity, and flexible to changing situations, able to think outside the box, and to identify and respond quickly to occupational health issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver compelling presentations in both small and large group settings
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build consensus and develop trusted relationships
- Strong problem solver, able to identify better ways to improve team functionality
- Understands confidentiality and importance of safekeeping employee records
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.