A role within the Infrastructure area that successfully designs and engineers, implements and deploys, and manages Microsoft O365 services globally for the CNA organization. This position works primarily through external service providers to ensure engineering and operational areas are managed according to CNA standards and contracted obligations. The successful candidate will define business goals, develop and deploy solutions in collaboration with vendors and business partners to drive continuous improvement and enable the CNA business through the successful adoption of Office 365 and End User Computing initiatives. This role will require the candidate to drive the technical requirements and project delivery of digital workplace initiatives that require recent hands on experience in O365 and ability to direct Service Providers in day to day tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Responsible for and acts as the primary contact person for Microsoft Azure and O365 Services as related to Digital Workplace Services (e.g. Office, Collaboration, Azure, Active directory, SharePoint, InTune)
- Serves as a primary conduit between vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure business goals and consistent, continuously improved results are delivered. Ensures outcomes for projects incentivize both CNA resources and vendors perform in CNA's best interests
- Clarifies requirements and promotes productive and effective solutionning and implementation with service providers and across the IT organization. Troubleshoots performance or technical problems and works cross-functionally with stakeholders at all levels to optimize usage and adoption of Microsoft O365 solutions.
- Continually upgrades personal skills and knowledge about technology capabilities and innovative business solutions, staying abreast of technology and insurance industry trends and advances. Monitors new developments and industry best practices to incorporate into CNA IT and actively promotes the creative use of information technology to improve innovation, productivity and to enhance customer capabilities across CNA
- Builds operational relationships that are mutually beneficial and not solely reliant upon managing to the letter of contracts, but creates a vested interest in working together with service providers toward mutually agreed-upon outcomes – utilizing effective and efficient lines of two-way communication, characterized by transparency, data and trust
- Prepares and manages to an annual budget for this position's areas of responsibility and performs necessary financial tasks to ensure compliance to budget and internal IT controls.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for End User Computing and Digital Workplace, understanding both the industry direction and latest trends as well as CNA's technical landscape to propose, design and implement the best fit solutions to support the business.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director and above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of O365 services and solutions (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Office 365, eMail).
- Superior interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to think analytically, critically and creatively to identify viable options from conceptualization to execution. This role will interact with internal and external business and technology partners at all levels to develop requirements and solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach, exercising professional judgement, making decisions and assuming responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, costs, and the delivery of services.
- Previous experience managing vendor partners and teams with a proven track record of building, developing and managing service delivery and support teams.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and accountability while achieving quality results and identifying and resolving problems and issues within the scope of responsibility.
- Detail-orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to effectively plan and direct multiple projects and project teams.
- Ability to act as a thought leader in researching and presenting innovative ways to solve complex issues, including working with IT Managed Service Providers with root cause analysis, SLA adherence and outcomes-based results.
- Knowledge of infrastructure operations, migrating legacy technologies to more modern technologies (cloud migration knowledge preferred), complying with corporate security posture. Successful track record in Infrastructure planning and budgeting and exposure to negotiating and determining SLAs and preferred outcomes with IT vendors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience.
- Minimum of five years in Information Technology experience in technical solution design, O365, Teams, SharePoint, Messaging and collaboration - preferably in the insurance industry.
- Experience in a business-facing IT role or similar experience providing customer service for an IT service.
- Experience working with IT vendors and/or Managed Service Providers, preferably in resource until based models.
- Applicable certifications is also preferred.