NOC Administrator at PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
SIE is looking for a Network Operations Admin with excellent proactive troubleshooting skills, to join a growing Operation and Support team in the Production Services organization. The mission of this group is to provide 24x7x365 operational and administrative support of the Sony Network Platform and to manage all inbound and outbound support requests related to the network and office infrastructure, while working with internal and external teams to drive and coordinate issues to resolution within defined SLAs.
- Provide support for the Sony Network Platform with potential shift-based work, providing 24x7x365 coverage
- Monitor systems, applications including high and low level network wide performance monitoring
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and triage production and non-production software/application/service/network issues including DNS, SMTP and NIS
- Create and maintain support and run book documentation
- Interface with Sony groups and external parties to provide them business support
- Fulfill business support service requests by troubleshooting, understanding configuration changes and reviewing logs
- Act as a single point of information exchange between groups
- Two years of relevant experience
- Customer service mentality - calm, customer-oriented communication
- A high school diploma or GED
- Experience using source control, bug tracking, and ticketing systems in a multi team and multi division environment
- Strong troubleshooting and QA skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Use and understanding of Windows Active Directory
- Experience in IT support in supporting users for Tier 1 level account issues for a company-wide domain
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Intermediate networking skills using Microsoft and Cisco for 1st and 3rd party game deployments
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, and other open source technologies
- Client-side database programming experience with SQL, Perl, OCI would be a plus
- Previous experience with ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, BigPanda, and/or DataDog
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- A degree from a four-year college (i.e., BA. BS)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.