Network Support Engineer, Support at Cisco Meraki (Remote)
As a Network Support Engineer, you will provide exceptional technical support for our growing client and partner base. As a confident and outspoken decision maker, you will investigate and resolve problems for the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, switches, and other technologies. Our support engineers are foremost problem-solvers, passionate about networking, and we seek hard-working, and tech-savvy individuals to build upon our always growing product lines and teams. Our customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of teams within Meraki - including but not limited to Engineering, Product Management, and Sales - providing opportunities for career growth in a lively and fast-paced environment.
Within our Support Team, we see the problems our customers experience first hand, and we are able to influence the direction of our organization and products! We are looking for people who like to take charge, plan, and guide others through sophisticated problems, and can both teach and learn from those around them. Successful Support Engineers have previous experience in supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, APIs, DHCP servers, experience installing and solving problems with WiFi networks. Additionally, they also have the ability to multi-task while thinking on their feet.
- Effectively work alongside third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, primarily over the phone and in writing.
- Diagnose and solve wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, incorrect configurations, and sophisticated networking issues on customers' devices.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Work with our engineering and product management teams to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Understand and use Linux console commands to identify and resolve issues with Meraki devices and Meraki Dashboard services.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by completing instructor-led and self-paced training modules.
- A foundational understanding of and firsthand experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, VPNs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Detailed and thorough comprehension of networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, 802.11 wireless networks, VPNs, NAT devices, & DHCP servers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate both technical and non-technical concepts to third parties.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent time management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking-related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask and work under stress.
- Working towards or have a bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking and IT Security, or a related field.
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.