Network Security Customer Success Engineer (CS Technical Customer Solutions Lead) - Remote at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for a hardworking and passionate Network Security Customer Success Technical Customer Advisory Lead who is customer obsessed and wants to help our customers during their cloud transformation journey. You will act as a trusted technical advisor to our customers to help ensure efficient Palo Alto Networks’ public cloud security adoption, and to accelerate business value and ROI. In this role, you will work closely with customer Security Architects, Security Engineers, InfoSec and DevOps teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement best in class cloud security solutions.
From day one, you will roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running and bring all of your experience to the team to increase customer satisfaction, value, retention, and expansion of our footprint. Most importantly, you have a positive, “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Be a Senior Technical advisor guiding the customers in implementing Palo Alto Networks cloud/network security solutions with a focus on NGFW & Cloud Delivered Security Services (URL filtering, Enterprise DLP, Threat Prevention & Wildfire) and fully integrating these technologies into their security operations
- Be a Go-To customer expert on Palo Alto Networks cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements, Coach customers on how to establish and manage their overall Cloud Security program
- Conduct Webinars & other customer advisory sessions to provide Best Practices guidance on Network Security & Cloud Delivered Security Solutions
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed
- Performance metrics include CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in post-sales, pre-sales, technical support, consulting or similar roles
- In-depth understanding of Networking, Network Security, and Cloud concepts and experience with multi-vendors networking devices such as Firewalls (physical/virtual/cloud) routers, switches
- Enterprise-level design experience in Routing Protocols (BGP / OSPF / EIGRP), Zero Trust, VPN Solution, Cloud Networks
- Expertise with Remote Access VPN solutions, IPSEC, PKI & SSL, TCP/IP, Authentication Protocols (SAML, SSO, LDAP, RADIUS, etc.
- Expertise with Cloud Delivered Security Services (URL filtering, Enterprise DLP, Threat Prevention & Wildfire)
- Expertise with Palo Alto NGFW, SD-WAN, and SASE
- Excellent customer communications skills including technical teams, executives, and audiences of all sizes
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, including executives, and explain their impact on business both internal and external to the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $121,800/yr - $179,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.