Network and System Administrator at Eureka Process (Minneapolis, MN)
Some IT superheroes wear capes. At TechGen our superheroes just happen to eat doughnuts and drink beer. Sound like your kind of people? TechGen is currently searching for a Network and System Administrator to become an integral part of our elite team that provides technology support to small and medium sized businesses in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area. We passionately believe in the support of our clients and strive to deliver best in class service on every call, every contact, every day.
What makes us cool:
- Co-worker came in late? Guess who is bringing the doughnuts
- Beer keg with two different styles
- Weekly team training classes
- Team meals
- Regular check-ins to keep your career moving forward
Why we are different:
Our core values define who we are as a company as well as the people who work here. These drive us and are what we get up for every day.
We love helping people
- We are friendly, engaging and always leave someone better off from our interaction. We are team players who do everything we can to help others. We serve people through technology. We are people people.
We are committed to excellence
- We see the big picture. We are the experts at what we do, and people depend on us to be professional, timely and knowledgeable. We continually improve ourselves individually and as a group and always put forth our best effort.
We are forward thinking
- We act proactively. We anticipate the impact of our actions and make decisions to maximize positive results.
Taking complex escalation issues from lower tier technicians, performing proactive client projects at a high level. Working with the service desk team to resolve root cause and other deep technical issues. This role will also provide continual improvement of processes and standards to provide a consistent client experience. Ability to scope complex server and network infrastructure solutions. Qualified candidates MUST have the ability to communicate to clients and co-workers at both technical and non-technical levels. This position is open to both local and remote candidates.
- High school diploma required, higher level degree desired
- IT experience: 5 years required; 7 years preferred
- MSP Experience: 3 years required; 4 years preferred
- Use of PSA/Ticketing system
Skills and Experience needed
- Implementation and support for Microsoft related technologies
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- O365 experience
- Windows Server
- Advanced administration of O365 platform
- Virtualization experience and implementation
- Automation experience
- Use of scripting tools or automation software to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Implementation of remote access solutions
- Remote Desktop
- Firewall implementation and high-level troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with complex networking concepts
- Backups and data storage implementation/ replication
Preferred knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Certifications: A+; Network+, Security+ and/or CCNA preferred
- Use of documentation platform
- Use of ConnectWise Manage
- Use of ConnectWise Automate
- Medical benefits
- Employee % paid by company; option to add spouse/family
- 15 days of PTO
- 401K with 3% match after 90 days of employment
- Benefits available after 30 days of employment
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Remote or in office