At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Integral to our Infrastructure Operations team, the Network Administrator will drive a wide variety of projects to support and maintain organization’s converged networks and related equipment in a multi-site environment.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Network Administrator at VillageMD?
- You will own provisioning, implementation and maintenance of various networking technologies including Fortinet Firewalls, switches, and access points, wired and wireless LANs, and all telecom and data circuits.
- You will be responsible for leveraging various alerting mechanism with goal of achieving maximum infrastructure uptime including availability of critical services that our business depends upon.
- You will be responsible for documenting your work and creating standard operating procedures (SOPs) for use by the field service and service desk team to aid in troubleshooting network issues.
- As part of our Security First approach, you will ensure network architecture is adhering to security and regulatory compliance established by Security Operations and Legal/Compliance team.
- You will maintain accurate records of all topologies, maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s network.
What will make you successful here?
- A low ego and humility.
- Strong familiarity with Kanban mechanism & Sprint Planning
- Experience with Cloud Networking Infrastructure including creating VPCs, Static Routes, Routing Tables and Security Groups
- Expert knowledge of SD-WAN architecture including routing and routed protocols and network security
- Communication is very critical for this position since you will be working with geographically dispersed teams. We need this person to side on over-communication and able to provide high level of transparency.
What you might do in your first year:
- Maintaining accurate records of all topology, maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s voice and data networks.
Improve and maintain network monitoring software as well as implement new monitoring on as needed basis.
- Monitors and tests network performance; provides network performance statistics and reports.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- · 3+ years of full-time experience building and operating SD-WAN based network environment
- · Experience with network monitoring and alerting tools such as AppNeta, Nagios, DataDog
- · Certifications Preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA-C02)
- Fortinet NSE-4
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.