Network Administrator I at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Network Administrator I
This position is a hands-on role that requires an advanced understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts of networking. Technical expertise including networking, operating systems and security. Responsibilities include security tasks, including the day-to-day administration of network devices, network security devices, as well as the management of technologies, such as firewalls and load balancers.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer several different networks ranging from primary Corporate network infrastructure to isolated program/manufacturing environments.
- Utilize thorough knowledge of the following platforms to ensure stable operations throughout the enterprise:
- Cisco and Juniper switching platforms
- Network monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting
- Utilize basic knowledge of the following platforms to ensure stable operations throughout the enterprise:
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco and Juniper routing platforms
- Assist in establishing and adhering to standard processes and documentation.
- Implement standards in accordance with industry best practices.
- Execute basic troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives.
- Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization.
- Implement and monitor the enterprise program ensuring the security, integrity, privacy, and availability of information and systems.
- Communicate with resource owners and end users to increase their awareness of applicable policies and standards in a professional manner.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 2 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI with CI polygraph.
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 IAT II Compliant Certification within 3 months of start date if you do not already have one.
- Familiarity with IP networking.
- Familiarity with Cisco and Palo Alto platforms preferred.
- Willingness to be a part of a team and learn.
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.