Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a National Laboratory Director to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The National Laboratory Director plans, organizes and directs the overall operation of the Laboratory functions across Village Medical markets. This individual ensures that services are of the best quality, are cost contained, and are carried out in an expeditious manner. In partnership with any third party partners, this role is responsible for test menu determination and associated financial considerations. The National Laboratory Director initiates improved methods of service and directs their implementation, collaborating across departments to support patient care, and drive performance improvement activities.
How you can make a difference:
- Function as the primary relationship owner of any external lab partnerships, including those with reference lab providers
- Guide market development of lab services when considering the size, complexity, geographic disparity and other factors of each market
- Function as a key leader for Village Medical’s national lab steering committee
- Assure competency of all personnel and maintaining sufficient staff levels of appropriately educated, experienced, and/or trained personnel performing tests and reporting test results.
- Participate in the selection, assessment, and supervision of any market lab managers/directors whether directly employed by Village Medical or an affiliated third party
- Ensure compliance across all regulatory bodies
- Participate in budget development and financial projections for each market’s lab as well as the rollup lab entity
- Maintaining all electronic systems relating to the laboratory including interfaces, EMR, and LIS systems.
- Guide and support point of care testing strategies and deployment to maximize clinical efficacy while balancing financial responsibility
Skills for success:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Leadership: develop and nurture teams; successfully achieves results through others.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change:
- Bachelor’s in medical technology or chemical, physical, or biological science.
- 10 years’ supervisory experience in a laboratory.
- 2+ years as a Laboratory Director.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory services and ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, and others in a professional manner.
- P&L, budgeting, and projections.
- Laboratory compliance.
- Multi-site experience.
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today.