National Edibles Lead at Verano
The National Edibles Lead is responsible for assisting in overseeing all aspects of the organization’s edibles and infusion policies, objective, and initiatives in their assigned region. As a regional leader, they ensure a collaborative and cooperative working relationship within all edibles departments in the organization to achieve business goals, objectives, and uniformity across all cultivation facilities. Edible products can include infused chocolates, gummies, mints, hard candies, and more.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of the edibles department in their assigned region.
- Motivate edibles team by providing encouragement, being a servant leader, and giving constructive feedback.
- Responsible for driving the edibles department to achieve and surpass goals and objectives, that will maximize output and minimize cost resulting in higher profitability.
- Direct and implement SOPs, methods, policies, objectives to advance their department, and ensure continuing operations to increase productivity and guarantee regulatory compliance.
- Develop and execute the edibles production schedule.
- Assist facility leadership in the development and execution of the facility production schedule.
- Maintain edibles inventory levels based on sales forecast and production schedules.
- Ensure quality, safety, GMPs and ISO standards are followed.
- Monitor performance of equipment and machinery in collaboration with the maintenance team.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and development opportunities Assistant Managers and Leads.
- Operate as an inclusive leader; engage all associates in a manner that supports company strategy and retention.
- Support inventory management of finished products and record batch numbers.
- Ensure that all QC/QA protocols are being followed and maintained.
- Follow and enforce all rules and regulations for food production, health and safety, and additional requirements set by the State and municipality in which we operate.
- Partner with Human Resources to effectively manage the department workforce.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- 3+ year experience working in a high-volume food production facility or within a commercial cannabis kitchen.
- 2+ year previous management/supervisory experience in a regulated field that adheres to health and safety policies and procedures required.
- Must be willing to travel within their region on a regular basis (50%+).
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, drive for change, getting organizational support, building ownership and commitment, making though decisions and developing others.
- Proficient in the use of ERP and inventory management software.
- High attention to detail and is goal driven.
- Consistently goes above and beyond to ensure business needs are met.
- Ability to positively motivate and support teammates.
- Must be 21 years of age or older, and able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- 2 year(s) of management/supervisory experience in the cannabis industry preferred.
- Operations or performance improvement skill sets preferred.
- Previous experience in food production and manufacturing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.Working Environment:
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.EEO Statement:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.