Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
Responsible for executing plans focused on developing, articulating, and continually evolving the company’s mortgage platforms. Ensure that all platforms are managed with industry best practices, assuring modifications and additions to system functionality are reviewed, communicated, tested, and implemented with the highest availability, redundancy (where required), and performance.
As a Mortgage Technology Manager you will have two main responsibilities:
- Accountable for mortgage originations technology roadmap and strategy:
- Identify and evaluate technology solutions to create a compelling digital customer experience and effective operations.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and creates a delivery roadmap.
- Acts as the central point of contact to drive all platform items between the business, legal, technology, and the vendor.
- Provides operational metrics for all platform usage, adoption and areas of improvement.
- Manages delivery of quality technology enhancements:
- Manages delivery sprints in partnership with vendors including prioritization and quality
- Ensures appropriate documentation, testing and rollout best practices (e.g. training, communications)
- Implements bug/issue tracking and resolution processes
- Develop and maintain technology vendor relationships and ensure vendor SLA’s are appropriately managed and met.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Own process and tooling standardization because you will understand and widely communicate best practices that eliminate defects in our mortgage origination process. This will allow us to effectively scale our team.
- Manage prioritization of product roadmap because you will have a deep understanding of our operational issues and the technical blockers outstanding in resolving them. This will allow you to be a product expert and serve as a consultant for the Mortgage Sale and Operations teams by providing recommendations on the priority in which we need to tackle issues.
- Drive user adoption by defining the product rollout process and involving the operators that serve our customers early in the product development cycle. This will allow us to launch better products faster because we take feedback into account throughout the development process.
- Assess opportunities for product and operational improvement because you have the analytical mindset required to scope what metrics for success look like and the impact of blockers that may prevent us from reaching them.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have at least 8+ years of experience, including 5+ years working on mortgage platforms.
- You have direct experience with mortgage Loan Origination Systems (LOS) (technical experience working on the platforms is a plus)
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- You put the customer first as you recommend solutions
- You understand consumer lending and the need to operate within regulatory constraints without letting them prevent you from constantly exploring improvement opportunities.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with a senior leadership team.
- Bring an “operations with heart” mindset to this role
- You can translate technical language into business language and vice versa.
- You drive results leveraging internal and external resources.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description