This position’s primary responsibility is to support F&G’s Actuarial Modeling activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with technical model support and relevant training for other actuarial users that are internal and/or external to the team
- Supporting development of necessary changes in the Corporate AXIS actuarial models using model change management controls
- Supporting execution of production model runs and corresponding preparation of results, as well as supporting execution of applicable controls
- Assisting on project development supporting initiatives such as LDTI, new products, and reinsurance strategies
- Maintaining comprehensive model and process documentation
- Suggesting enhancements to the model itself or its processes to create repeatable and scalable processes
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required – Preferred in Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related technical field.
- Previous life insurance industry experience of 2 or more years working with actuaries preferred
- Knowledge and experience with AXIS or other industry standard actuarial modeling systems is preferred
- Experience with multiple lines of life and annuity products and corresponding valuation / reporting regimes preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Possess strong technical skills
- Must be a self-starter, extremely detail oriented, and be able handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- The candidate should be able to work independently and be able to operate efficiently in unpredictable and challenging project environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with actuaries at all levels from various areas using strong verbal and writing skills
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.