Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
As a valued member of our Enterprise Risk Team, you will be responsible for execution of a global model risk management (MRM) program ensuring lines of business comply with corporate policies and regulatory guidance for proper model risk management and governance. As part of this critical program, you will be expected to lead dynamic model risk and control environment assessments, evaluate model performance, develop internal and external reporting, document and monitor model risk issues/remediation, and guide businesses on opportunities to align model risk functions with industry best practices.
Main duties and responsibilities :
- Assess model risk environments for proper controls, model validation protocol, documentation, and provide effective challenge to model owners on inputs, assumptions, limitations, outputs and performance.
- Conduct independent model validation and control assessments, including end-to-end evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) transaction monitoring systems (TMS).
- Develop expertise with FIS lines of business operating and maintaining financial and/or statistical models supporting BSA/AML, Capital Markets, Risk and Fraud, Insurance, and Treasury functions
- Maintain enterprise-wide model inventory, annual attestation, risk ratings and reporting
- Monitor applicable laws, regulations, and model ethics (including AI) and advise lines of business on requirements and compliance/
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert for enterprise model risk management standards, program governance and framework.
- Facilitate model risk management committee and outreach initiatives
- Develop key metrics reporting for business stakeholders and executive leadership
- Provide on demand support during the regulatory exams on model risk management and periodic reviews performed by the Internal Audit.
What you bring:
- Minimum of Five or more years of experience building, testing, implementing, or validating models in a financial services technology, banking, payments, merchant/acquiring, audit/consulting, business software, retail or online services company.
- Proven experience with Risk Management validating and developing models. Statistical or Financial.
- Compliance Background: BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) / Anticorruption, strongly preferred
- Experience with transaction monitoring systems in a financial crime, risk, and/or compliance capacity-Required
- Ability to communicate and document findings, observations, and risk issues
- Ability to interpret technical documents and evaluate for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to carry out Program objectives, improve existing processes, and represent a global risk function
- Ability to think critically and work independently on highly visible products
- Self-motivated with ability to engage business stakeholders and embed risk and compliance disciplines into business operations
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical, and organizational skills
- Able to work autonomously to set priorities and manage multiple tasks across various timelines
- Advanced understanding of applicable regulatory rules, guidance, or supervisory letters
An advantage if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Business
What we offer you:
- High degree of responsibility, independence, and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities.
- Broad range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.