Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of specialists in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis who are creating software and hardware systems to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies.
If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact and are looking for an opportunity to work on a highly autonomous team, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
ABOUT THE TEAM / ROLE
The Machine Learning Operations team at Anduril provides scalable data services that improve the performance of ML and other applications across products and customers. Our work supports software development at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion. Sensor inputs from Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, and other autonomous platforms are fused into actionable information in Lattice UI. The operations team works to understand and act on areas for improvement in the performance of ML models deployed across devices, sensors, customers, and use cases.
As an ML Operator, your role will be to execute annotation and data collection projects incorporating a growing variety of data types including, but not limited to, images, video and radar. As we grow our product offerings and sensor capabilities and rely further on deep learning, we expect the ML Operator to build datasets with reliable, annotated ground truth that can be used to drive mission critical operations that our customers rely on our products to provide.
- Develop and maintain datasets for use in deep learning models
- Provide quality assurance oversight on data annotation processes across internal and external teams
- Track team-wide annotation efforts and coordinate access to systems
- Identify opportunities to improve annotation workflows
- Monitor KPIs measuring annotation performance and quality
- Communicate pace and timelines with respect to project efforts
- Proactively discover opportunities for improvement in customer deployed models
- Help organize and execute data collection events to build machine learning datasets
- Experience in project execution including project planning and capacity planning
- Experience working in a technical domain
- Experience working with ambiguous requirements in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams in a machine learning domain to execute annotation workflows
- Background or education in statistical methods for understanding performance
- Experience with vendor operations
- Prior experience with SQL or Python
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!