New Hires based in the US & Puerto Rico will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.
Attention NJ Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
- Core administration/escalation support for Exchange online & hybrid messaging services, focused mainly on Cisco IronPort and Microsoft EOP/ATP in O365 environment,
- Working with other engineers and Operations staff to test, implement and transition new services, or upgrades to existing core email security services, focused on Cisco IronPort, Exchange and the O365 space,
- Incident and problem management, ongoing operational excellence of environments, infrastructure consolidation/expansion, and release/patch management, including developing/carrying out production support procedures including business continuity and disaster recovery procedures,
- Proactively anticipates service issues before they occur and able to make recommendations around resolution.
- Taking part in projects as a subject matter expert or as a representative of the Operations team leadership as needed,
- Associate degree required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- 4+ years experience in IT or relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years experience with MS Exchange / Exchange Online.
- Experience with Internet gateways and message filtering/ system hygiene.
- Experience with providing support for Exchange Online email environments.
- Experience with providing support for email security/hygiene-related issues.
- Understanding and experience with complex globally distributed email environments.
- Understanding and experience with internet email protocols and email routing concepts.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Offshore day to day supervision experience is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco IronPort and Advanced Malware Protection (AMP).
- Experience with Exchange Online Protection/Advanced Threat Protection (EOP/ATP).
- Experience with Exchange Online (Office 365).
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2016 or above in large enterprises.
- Understanding email authentication and authentication mechanisms such as DMARC, DKIM and SPF.
- Windows and Exchange PowerShell scripting skills.
- Experience with Outlook Client and OWA.
- Experience with group management products.
- User account management and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Itunes and [email protected] support.
- Mobility Email Active Sync and O365 emails sync to cloud knowledge.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: