Medical Records - River Oaks at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Medical Records Coordinator In Houston, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Medical Records Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Medical Records Coordinator will partner with our Village Medical[insert key stakeholder] to provide [list high-level key accountability of role and business impact].
Could this be you?
- The Medical Records Coordinator compiles, processes and maintains patient medical records consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system. This individual will maintain accurate filing of patient records to ensure quality medical care of our patients, while maintaining strict confidentiality of patient data. Discretion, high integrity, organization and attention to detail are all critical success factors for this role.
How you can make a difference
- Reviewing incoming loose documents and scanning into appropriate patient's EMR (or faxing to Athena) to be reviewed and signed off by physician.
- Completing requests for copies of Medical Records and mailing accordingly; also completing charge record/invoice for Medical Record copies as appropriate.
- Checking fax machine every two hours and distributing documents received as necessary.
- Protecting confidentiality of all patient records; purging charts in storage yearly and storing appropriately.
- Monitoring practice's clinical inbox in the EMR system, reviewing and assigning documents as appropriate.
- Ability to perform chart abstraction
Skills for success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Leadership: develop and nurture teams; successfully achieves results through others.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 - 5 years' medical office and/or records filing experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.