Master Supply Planner at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Develop production plans and inventory strategies for beverage packaging products across a manufacturing network that encompasses North and Central America.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for development of master production schedules for multiple plants across the Beverage Packaging North and Central America network. The master production schedules will ensure maximum manufacturing efficiencies as well as optimal inventory levels while enabling delivery to customer requirements.
- Directs distribution of inventory throughout the network to ensure inventory is available to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Works with management and inventory planners to develop safety stock and inventory strategies for assigned products.
- Works with management to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies. Develops and implements continuous improvement practices and LEAN management methodologies across our production planning and scheduling processes.
- Coordinate across the supply network in lead-time-reduction activities to achieve the projected planned schedule requirements, and support industry best-in-class production lead time.
- Identify deviations from established plans, and develop recovery plans.
- Monitor S&OP plans to ensure alignment with the master production schedule.
- Communicate master production schedules with manufacturing & plant management.
- Measure, analyzes and reports key process metrics. Monitors adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop, monitor and communicate reports on inventory and process execution to business unit and supply chain organizations, while driving continuous improvement.
- Maintains business data to support production planning, inventory reporting and manufacturing systems.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: JD Edwards, Oracle Value Chain Planning, APICS Production and Inventory planning methodologies, Microsoft Office
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans