Managing Editor, Mathematics at Curriculum Associates
Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve.
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. On our team, there are opportunities for learning and development as we grow together.
We are looking for an experienced Managing Editor to join our talented math editorial team. We are seeking a team-oriented person who can balance troubleshooting issues that arise and proactively seek out ways to improve editorial quality and team efficiency while effectively managing oversight of product development. Curriculum Associates has a proven record of developing top quality educational materials and solutions. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students.
The impact you'll have:
This position offers a highly motivated professional the opportunity to combine editorial and management skills to assist the Product Development team in taking a high volume of projects from conceptualization to final product.
- Serve as editorial lead, managing a team of direct reports, developing components for our mathematics programs
- Lead editorial staff, providing actionable feedback and keeping the students and teachers using our products in mind while developing high quality content
- Actively participate in product definition, lead portions of project planning, and actively participate in working groups.
- Collaborate with editorial team and cross-functional teams to develop schedule, workflow, communication and resource plans that ensure high quality content
- Identify possible project bottlenecks and offer creative solutions
- Partner with project leads and editors to ensure that all components are closely aligned
- Establish guidelines for accuracy, adherence to instructional design, and alignment to the Common Core or other state standards
- Review and provide feedback to writers and editors (both internal and external), ensuring the quality and appropriateness of content with respect to grade and reading levels, content accuracy, and pedagogical fidelity
- Train and support writers and editors throughout all phases of assigned projects
- Effectively manage vendor and freelancer relationships
- Participate in focus groups with teachers and administrators
Who we're looking for:
- Experience leading teams of vendors, freelancers, and internal staff to deliver quality products
- Deep familiarity with K-8 Mathematics Standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining the quality of the product
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe and other general editing software
- Ability to move easily between big picture thinking and digging into details
- Proven writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- 5–10 years of experience in K-5 and/or 6-8 Mathematics educational publishing with experience editing print materials
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Elementary Education, or a related field required
- Not required, but preferred: Elementary or Middle School Math teaching experience
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.