Managing Director, Private Networks at Boingo Wireless
Managing Director, Private Networks, Manufacturing / Logistics
The Managing Director will own this customer vertical for the company and develop clients for Boingo’s Private LTE products by understanding outcomes and use cases that drive the value in the vertical. Boingo is the leading indoor wireless solution provider, with a successful track record of acquiring and retaining big venues with large, multi-year contracts. The primary objective of this Managing Director role is to expand Boingo’s footprint by securing Private LTE contracts valued at $1M to $30M+ with target clients in manufacturing and logistics. Private LTE is here. This is the beginning of a large-growth market opportunity. Boingo has the resources and expertise to capture a huge portion of this nascent market. The ideal candidate will have a background in sales or consulting with Manufacturing-Logistics customers and will understand use cases and outcomes that drive measurable value.
Home Office position – located in a metro area with easy flight access.
- Own the Manufacturing-Logistics vertical for the company
- Understand the vertical ecosystem.
- Drive relationships with current and potential partners to help Boingo generate revenue
- Grow vertical revenue with partners, our venue sales team, and our account management team
- Identify, contact, and qualify prospects via phone, email, and face to face meetings
- Sales forecasting and pipeline development
- Hit quarterly new business goals
- Act as the be voice of the customer, to make sure we have the right solutions for the vertical
- Work with marketing to drive awareness of Boingo and product capabilities within the vertical
- Act as the voice of Boingo at Manufacturing-Logistics tradeshows and association events-
- You’ll have the support of an impressive, top-notch marketing team
- 7+ years’ experience consulting with and selling into the Manufacturing / Logistics industry, with current relationships among decision-makers within a number of customer accounts
- Deep industry knowledge and expertise in understanding pain points that Boingo’s products solve
- Able to uncover use cases, understand business value and customer desired outcome
- Keen understanding of industry buying profile
- Consulting or sales experience with Logistics / Manufacturing clients
- Consultative approach and a solution seller-ability to work in executive suite
- Experience in demand generation vs. demand fulfillment sale
- Proven track record of closing large Pursuits (>$1M) and regularly meet or exceed revenue goal
- Successful track record negotiating the contract process with Fortune 500 companies and signing large deal
- Ability to negotiate and execute contracts by leveraging cross-functional resources
- Experience introducing and developing strategic solutions for Manufacturing, Logistics companies
- Capacity to excel in Boingo’s fast paced and dynamic culture
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think quickly and analytically (critical thinker)
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time a must
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the leading edge of technology. There is no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy. There’s also an incredible benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA six years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
COVID-19 update: Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.