As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in the world. We are expanding and innovating throughout all aspects of the company to support this rapid growth, and to ensure that we can effectively execute on our highly ambitious short-, medium- and long-term plans for regional product and market growth.
- Build and oversee Kraken’s Canada business to achieve market leading growth
- Develop and own the business strategy for Canada to maximize product/service opportunities, growth, and profitability
- Build and manage a world class Canada team, including compliance, finance, security/IT, and operations (and other functions as required)
- Collaborate with the product/engineering functions to bring best-in-class products and services to market while simultaneously ensuring compliance with necessary regulatory requirements
- Work with the global compliance function to build/augment the Canadian compliance program to adhere to all necessary regulations
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to define and execute a go-to-market strategy
- Drive Canadian regional performance and ensure solid financial statements and reporting
- Own relationship with the Canadian regulators; educate groups on Kraken’s business model and advocate for optimal alignment of regulations
- Successfully prepare for and complete all audit and regulatory exams
- Establish and maintain relationships with other banks and financial institution partners, e.g. domestic or international correspondent banks
- Lead external communication efforts as the ‘voice of Kraken’ in the Canada market
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a willingness to collaborate with others
- Proven experience in a general management or other leadership role overseeing strategy, operations, back-office, etc.
- Previous experience owning and growing a successful P&L
- Experience overseeing a licensed financial services business in a relevant industry - Crypto/Blockchain, FinTech, Brokerage/Exchange, Financial Services, Technology
- Ability to oversee and/or partner with all functional areas of business - strategy, operations, sales, marketing, product, finance, etc.
- Deep knowledge of financial products and regulatory compliance, including AML and capital markets
- Ability to work closely with Product and Engineering teams to bring new products and services to market
- Experience working with boards of directors and optimizing governance processes
- Previous experience owning relationships with financial regulators on behalf of a commercial entity
- Demonstrated skill in driving multiple partnership deals through all phases - opportunity identification, business case, due diligence, negotiation, legal review, etc.
- Strong command of financial statements and fiduciary duties
- Strong operational and project management expertise, optimizing processes for effectiveness, compliance, and efficiency
- Strong analytical expertise and data driven decision making skills and mastery of financial models
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, cryptocurrency a major plus
Location Tagging: #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 215 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description