Manager/Director, Information Security at Brightspot
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:13 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
At Brightspot®, we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. Our world-class delivery team has decades of collective experience supporting digital transformation efforts for some of the world’s most well-known companies – from eCommerce brands and media organizations to corporate businesses. Named as a 2021 Top Workplace by The Washington Post, a 2021 Hot Vendor for Content Experience from Aragon Research, and the 2020 Best Content Management System by the Digiday Technology Awards, Brightspot prides itself on being a leading content management system built to grow and adapt with any business.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
Brightspot is looking for an experienced candidate to take the wheel of our information security program.
- Take over the day-to-day direction of security projects and initiatives that span corporate and client systems, including new technology and vendor implementations, management of existing vendors and tools, and policy reviews
- Act as the escalation point for security-related incidents, reports, and information
- Respond to security-related questionnaires and support regular external audits
- Coordinate with the CIO and COO on medium- and long-term investments and roadmap items
- Expand Brightspot’s internal audit and data governance programs
- Oversee the Risk Management process and program
- Coordinate with application development teams and assist with information security finding remediations
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience in the field of technology.
- 2 years in a private-sector information security leadership position
- 7 years of private-sector work experience in information security, security engineering, security compliance, or IT consulting
- Experience with building and running a SOC-compliant security program
- CISSP, CISM, GIAC, or related information security certifications preferred
- Advanced written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with (and related certifications) AWS or other public cloud providers
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, continuity planning, risk assessments, threat modeling, or vulnerability management programs.
- Experience in client-facing advisory or consulting roles
- This is a hands-on role; while you will be leading a small team and coordinating projects, you will also be authoring documents, implementing proofs of concept, aiding in the setup and administration of tools and devices, etc.
Visit www.brightspot.com and follow us on Twitter @TeamBrightspot to learn more about our story and solutions!
More Information on Brightspot
Brightspot operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Reston, VA and Portland, OR. Brightspot was founded in 2008. It has 919 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 17 open jobs at Brightspot, click here.
Read Full Job Description