Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & Opportunity:
The Manager, Value Based Care Strategy is a trusted partner and point of contact for Quartet’s clients, reporting into the Associate VP, Value Based Care and partnering closely with internal Quartet teams, client operations, and client leadership to deliver operational excellence, manage day-to-day client interactions and operations, and identify and address areas of improvement to support Quartet’s ability to consistently deliver value. The Manager will be responsible for owning the operational and relationship components of one or more partnerships; specifically, this role will focus on the strategy and execution of our value-based care work with Centene and may transition to other clients as our work expands.
The Manager, VBC strategy will support our Centene relationship by leading program implementation and management across multiple states and lines of business, working cross functionally with the AVP of Value Based Care to surface feedback and support in refining capabilities, tools, metrics, and best practices for value based initiatives at Quartet.
Program Implementation & Management - 80%
- Create and execute against a comprehensive project plan to implement value-based care program across multiple markets and practice types to deliver on client objectives
- Partner closely with Client Executives and AVP to manage client objectives, expectations, and timelines by communicating directions/changes to internal team members, and acting as an internal and external project manager who ensures successful delivery of client goals across key financial, clinical, operational, and service capabilities
- Own and build client relationships, gather and understand their requirements and asks, assisting in the strategic development and implementation of ongoing business needs
- Gather and analyze data to identify trends and areas of success and improvement, determine root cause issues, create work plans, and develop quality output for internal and external constituents
- Develop expertise in mental health value-based care programs for Quartet, including research, tools, best practices, or analytics and act as a subject matter expert to support client objectives
- Understand key market drivers and changes that may influence decisions at customer organizations
- VBC Product Development Support - 20%
- Act as liaison between VBC implementation and MHP Network Management to capture provider feedback, challenges, and support model development
- Work in collaboration with the cross-functional VBC internal team to provide feedback and learnings from implementation with initial client offerings
- Support internal team education of new/evolving product initiatives related to Value Based Care
- Support the creation and maintenance of VBC documentation and collateral
- 5+ years of experience working with healthcare leaders within health plans and/or health systems, or with a focus on implementation and program excellence
- Direct experience working with value-based care initiatives such as alternative payment models, quality measurement development, provider implementation, or analytics
- Previous experience with building new processes in a project management or related role
- Collaborative team player with a proven ability to partner cross-functionally and a bias towards action
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong analytical abilities
- Flexible, adaptable, open to the rapid changes inevitable in a high-growth company
- Experience working on mental health related programs
- Experience with Looker
- Master’s Degree Public Health, Master’s Public Policy, MBA (healthcare focus), Mental Health related or commensurate experience
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.