Manager, Third Party Risk Management at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is currently looking for a Manager, Third Party Risk Management to join our Global Source-to-pay organization. Our organization helps maximize value from Coinbase, Inc.’s vendor relationships and ensures our internal business partners across various business units and functions have the products, tools, and services they need to succeed. This person will be an integral part of the Strategic Sourcing and Third Party Risk Management team and will drive global program projects, process improvement initiatives and manage the risk assessment and due diligence processes, both at on-boarding and throughout the lifecycle.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage and evolve the end-to-end Third-Party Risk Management Program within Coinbase which includes managing business, security, compliance, and contractual risks associated with working with third-parties.
- Coordinate the distribution of due diligence questionnaires to the suppliers, review submitted questionnaires for completeness, ensure Risk stakeholders finalize reviews and determine overall residual risk rating.
- Partner with the business stakeholders, third-party vendors and subject matter experts (security, compliance, legal, etc.) to ensure program and processes are successfully executed.
- Build and manage a team supporting pre- and post-contract supplier due diligence efforts including inherent risk triage, administration of appropriate security assessments, and issue management/remediation and escalation.
- Manage a consistently growing continuous monitoring portfolio of vendors to help achieve the objective of maintaining visibility into the risk landscape of the organization’s most critical third parties.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue opportunities to enhance Coinbase’sTPRM processes.
- Contribute to the development of detailed procedural documents and ensure alignment of TPRM with applicable regulatory requirements globally.
- Drive TPRM training across Coinbase.
- Develop actionable reporting and KPIs.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant risk management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience.
- Experience with third-party risk tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with focus on producing reports and documentation that will be presented to senior management, internal audit, and regulators.
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience executing on enterprise-level Third-Party Risk Management guidelines and policies.
- Previous experience in FinTech.
- Specific experience with risk oversight of third-parties (vendors).
- Experience with risk management systems such as ProcessUnity.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.