Manager of Test Operations at Relativity Space (New Orleans, LA)
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a Manager of Test Operations to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding leadership over Relativity’s entire Mississippi operations located at the Stennis Space Center. The Manager of Test Operations is responsible for propulsion testing activities, primary structural testing, final launch vehicle integration as well as final launch vehicle stage acceptance testing prior to launch.
What you’ll do:
You will manage a team of engineers, technicians and other support personnel to operate the entire site with industry leading test automation seeking high quality results. Expectations are for rapid test execution through the use of operations best practices and innovative solutions to new test challenges. A crucial part of your role will be to develop, manage, and mentor engineers.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead a growing technical and test operations focused team with a track record of success. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups particularly from a remote site.
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, project management or related field with demonstrated leadership experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience with test operations and managing small to medium teams
- Knowledge of complex aerospace hardware testing processes
- Hands on experience with test operations
- Track record of building and managing an interdisciplinary team with successful milestone deliveries
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external groups to overcome associated constraints
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- This position will require occasional overnight shifts
Nice to haves but not required:
- MS in Engineering or Management degree in related field
- 10+ years of experience with aerospace test operations
- 10+ years of experience managing teams
- Experience in propulsion and structural test stand design and manufacturing
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.