Manager of Technology at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
The Manager, Technology will lead a team with responsibility for Agile development and delivery of applications in support of Disney Cruise Line’s Crew, HR, Operations and Logistics areas. The portfolio consists of both custom developed and COTS (Custom Off The Shelf) solutions. In this role, you will lead Developers, Engineers, and Analysts, along with being responsible for the trajectory of the underlying technologies.
The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
The Manager, Technology will work with a Sr Manager and stakeholders to assess and set priorities and motivate the team to deliver excellent products that exemplify the Disney brand.
- Influence requirement and implementation of necessary tools along with required practices & processes to actively identify system related problems
- Provide 24x7 production support with a focus on minimizing Guest impact and root cause analysis
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the all initiatives to the stake holders in a timely manner
- Build a team that is centered around excellence, caring for the growth plan of the team members and applications.
- Manage resource and budget allocations.
- Interface with executive leaders and peers to drive improvement and communicate status.
- Build team capability with necessary technical skill set and expertise
- Build great work relationship with business and technology stakeholders
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Provide leadership to direct reports and/or cross-functional teams
- Develop product roadmaps, execution plans and delivery strategies for engineered and packaged solutions
- With an eye towards continuous improvement, increasingly move teams to agile practices and mindset.
- Contribute to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Work closely with Business & Technology Leaders to define and implement critical business functions, needs and products
- Ensure all deliverables across project teams are of the highest quality and clearly documented
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
Basic Qualifications :
- 10 years of experience with delivering enterprise-scale software solutions
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
- Solid understating of project and program management principles
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large Agile teams and engineering initiatives
- Experience effectively leveraging off-shore and nearshore resources
- Demonstrated expertise in leading triage & critical problem solving on enterprise-scale solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions
- Knowledge of architecture best practices
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
Required Education :
- Bacheler’s degree in a technology-oriented discipline or equivalent experience
Preferred Education :
- Advanced degree
- Technical certifications
- Agile certifications
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications