Manager of Technology- Custom Delivery at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
| Orlando, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:51 p.m. (CST) on Monday, January 10, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
As a Technology Manager on the Entitlement Platform team supporting its rapid application development platform, you will be leading the development of new, and maintenance of existing back of house applications. In this role, you will be responsible for technical architecture, design, estimation, planning and overseeing technical development being executed by both internal and vendor led teams. This is a highly collaborative role where partnership with many different non-technical lines of business and other technology teams will be critical. Speed to market is important so iterative delivery is the working model for the team. A focus on global solutions means understanding business needs across many different lines of business and geographies is critical. You will be regularly expected to lead team meetings and facilitate the escalation and removal of team blockers. You will also be the primary point of contact for internal business and vendor partners.
Basic Qualifications :
- Build and lead multiple hardware and software development teams consisting of software engineers and project managers.
- Build and manage relationships with vendor partners.
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical deliverables of those developers.
- Understand and advance the strategic direction for the Entitlement Platform for Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Assume Responsibility for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones, and overall product quality.
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting - requests, priorities, and activities.
- Candidate will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within DPEP Technology and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and cast
- Participate in the broader Disney Technology organization, and ensure that products are created in a platform-centric manner.
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of hands on software development experience. Combined sensor design and hardware knowledge is a big plus.
- 4+ years managing technical professionals.
- Experience with delivering software solutions using iterative/Agile methodology.
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience managing and forecasting budgets. This includes project, sustainment, hardware and software budgets.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and junior members of the team
- Excellent time management skills
- Disciplined approach to software development. Includes defining and enforcing engineering best practices.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- In depth knowledge of standard and emerging development standards, communication protocols, and design patterns.
- Expertise in dynamic development technologies using Java, Node, .Net, relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with the creation and consumption of REST based Web Services.
- Experience with front-end web development, including the use of HTML, CSS, AJAX.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration/delivery.
- Strong application performance / tuning skills
- Understanding of importance of maintainable / sustainable product solutions
- Understanding of application security concepts along with PCI and PII
Read Full Job Description