DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions and behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
DISQO is a fast growing Company that is working to transform the insights industry. Our Culture is a primary focus of our workplace/employment experience and is what sets us apart. The Manager of Surprise and Delight will focus on helping support delivery of our cultural X Factor. Your contributions will be highly felt across the company, and instrumental in the achievement of our ambitious goals. Your job, the job of a lifetime, is to focus exclusively on creative ways to surprise and delight the talented, innovative and hard-working citizens of DISQO Nation. In this pursuit, you will inherently aid in driving excitement, engagement, and connectivity to DISQO. Moreover, you will help elevate DISQO as the employer of choice.
Who We’re Looking For:
You’re a mature, business professional who cares deeply for others. As a natural servant leader who focuses on the development and needs of others, you bring a demonstrated growth mindset to DISQO. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and crave an opportunity to make a real impact. DISQO values teamwork, collaboration, mutual respect, and transparency; the Manager, Surprise and Delight will work to incorporate these values into everything they do. You derive happiness in creating joy and excitement for others, You’ll work both behind the scenes and on the frontlines to make sure people feel recognized and included in all ways, big and small.
- Work with People Operations colleagues to strategize best outcomes that will deliver a differentiated employment experience
- Collaborate with leadership and the People Ops team to deliver memorable, impactful experiences for our team members
- Research event/experience innovations and best practices and determine what will work best at DISQO
- Own every aspect of an experience or event, such as vendors, gifts, venue selections
- Work closely with Marketing to come up with appropriately DISQO branded and sought after SWAG that are of interest/fulfilling for our stakeholders
- Vision and execute team building events and programs including placing orders, monitoring vendors, travel planning, restaurant reservations, facilitating company attendees, monitoring registration, tracking RSVPs, answering orientation questions and resolving logistical issues
- Hire personnel as needed across all functions of an event (registration, set up, catering, A/V, etc.)
- Consult on corporate events to advise how we should best excite, delight and recognize our team members
- Oversee the planning and execution of internal team building events
- Drive and represent the company’s mission, vision and values during events/experiences
- Maintain a budget and timelines
- Comply with all federal, state, and local legislationPerform other duties as assigned or required choice, and success metrics
- Research ideas and vendors to make creative, high quality, budget thoughtful
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience in experience/planning events
- Creative/innovative thinker with proven ability to be outside the box.
- Agile thinker, who is always evolving and growing your perspective.
- Curious to try new ideas that bring joy
- Excellent communication skills
- Excels at working with stakeholders across the organization
- Embraces challenges: Able to rapidly understand DISQO Nation and what matters to team members
- Proven track record of creative, successful experiences/events
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation, and multitasking skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Existing vendor relationships
- Experience managing budgets and expense tracking
- Advanced knowledge of G-suite and or MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel)
- Degree in hospitality management, communications or public relations
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Catered lunches 3x a week
·Onsite Fitness Program
·Discounted Gym Membership
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.