Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Knowledge Management, supports global, customer-facing content creation and maintenance, internal documentation, localization efforts, and training .
As a Manager, Support User Experiences you will manage a program and team dedicated to crafting the best customer user experiences in our support products via multidisciplinary efforts focused on segmented customer populations. This team will consist of multimedia designers and conversational designers to start and the broad remit of the role will mean no two days will look the same.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e. Job Duties)
- Grow and manage a team of multimedia and conversational designers within the Global Content Systems and Design team
- Partner with copywriters, content strategists, and systems administrators to ensure our aesthetic and functional user customer experiences are working backwards from topline CX metrics (e.g. ticket deflection)
- Function as the UX lead on all customer help products.
- Oversee the creation of UX deliverables and strategy, internally and externally.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of Adobe XD wireframes and prototypes.
- Take initiative and run with multidisciplinary projects.
- Present plans and strategies to peers and senior leadership.
- Lead and conduct research that helps find the insights and opportunities that power customer-focused programs and tactics.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of experience managing people
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Program management experience within design or UX organizations.
- Experience with UX design, user research, and/or user centered development tools and processes.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of project management software, spreadsheets, Google Docs.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills, and ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
Nice to haves
- A strong visual aesthetic and a love for customer-centric design.
- Experience working within or directly with Customer Experience organizations
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.