Location: Palo Alto, CA / Austin, TX / Dallas, TX
Title: Manager, Stock Administration
Reporting to: Assistant General Counsel
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo is looking for a Manager, Stock Administrator to support and manage equity administration across Hippo’s employee population. You will be a key contributor in supporting the daily operations of the Hippo Legal and Finance Team. You will thrive in an “all hands-on deck” environment, loves solving problems and can pivot quickly.
What You'll do:
- Administer day-to-day activities related to stock administration, including management of Hippo’s equity platform (including ownership of our transition from Carta to Shareworks)
- Prepare equity grants for Board approval on a monthly basis
- Prepare and report on Hippo’s stock plan and stock option pool analysis
- Support employees and business partners with equity-related questions and requests
- Educate employees and business partners on Hippo’s equity programs
- Assist our Finance Team with processing equity transactions for employees, such as RSU releases, ESPP purchases, and stock option exercises
- Develop audit review function with Finance
- Implement and improve processes for day-to-day operations related to stock administration
- Produce ad hoc analyses with quick turnarounds based on business requests
- Able to lead and support implementation of new stock programs (e.g., ESPP)
- Understand and ensure payroll data is synced / updated to reflect tax related withholding in equity platform
- 5 + years of experience in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Background in Stock Administration, Compensation, Finance, or Economics
- Ability to function in a highly confidential environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, analytical abilities and consistent follow-through, including project management skills
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, tax, payroll, accounting and finance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field/paralegal certificate preferred
- CEP designation preferred
- Working knowledge of equity plans and various equity types preferred
- Proficient in working with Carta and Shareworks (or similar) equity software systems and brokerage firms required
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.