We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a top tier target on the internet. Security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale worldwide. Essential to scaling is building and running a security compliance program that reflects how we protect the data and assets in our care, to open the doors with customers, regulators, auditors, and other external stakeholders. If you love working with fast moving companies to build security compliance engines from the ground up and create positive change across the business, we’d like to speak with you about joining our team.
Coinbase is looking for a security compliance manager to lead a small team of analysts to help drive, implement, and mature the security compliance roadmap.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build, manage, and coach a small team of security compliance analysts to execute against our security compliance roadmap
- Provide input on capability and maturity requirements to meet organizational needs, and inform the strategy to hire, build, or buy the right resources to meet those requirements
- Collaborate with Security Compliance leadership to develop program- and team-level objectives and key results, and hold your team accountable
- Identify and drive process improvements for streamlining Security Compliance operations, and work with your Security peers to define feedback loops across global security governance, risk, and compliance functions
- Build close relationships with stakeholder teams including Security, IT, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data, and Finance to define and execute long-term cross-functional goals, advise on security best practices, and ensure excellence in control ownership
- Oversee quality of audit initiatives, identify and analyze process gaps, provide guidance and expertise to team members, develop remediation recommendations, and track to completion
- Serve as a point of escalation for your team, identify opportunities to address systemic challenges, and equip your team to drive issue resolution
- Create and improve procedural documentation, including materials and process documentation
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to educate them about a complex technology control environment
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 7+ years of security/IT compliance or equivalent experience with experience leading and/or building a team of Full Time employees
- Hands-on experience with auditing security frameworks such as SOC 1, SOC 2, SOX, ICFR, PCI and/or ISO27001
- Prior experience working closely with auditors and/or external regulators
- Experience leading compliance initiatives from start to finish
- Experience reporting security compliance posture to senior stakeholders
- Proven understanding and audit experience of cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Ability to effectively and autonomously accomplish outcomes across cross-functional teams in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask, direct cross functional work, and hold others accountable to committed deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate with technical / non-technical stakeholders to align on shared outcomes
Nice to haves:
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience at a big 4 accounting firm
- Security certifications e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM or other relevant certifications
- Experience mapping common controls across multiple frameworks in a GRC tool
- Prior experience automating audit evidence collection
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.